Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Taking it to the "Team"

Today I received an e-mail from Elise telling me that she will be presenting our case to the transplant team this Friday afternoon.  Everything looks to be in order and she feels it is ready to go.  Then it is up to them to decide whether they will approve the surgery.  From what I understand the team is made up of doctors, nurses, social workers, coordinators, and other medical personnel.  It is their job to make the final decision as to whether they feel the transplant can take place.  If they approve it -- then we can schedule it!  Elise is hoping she can get back to me on Friday, but if not she will for sure call me on Monday.  I am hoping it is Friday so I don't have to wait through the weekend!

I spoke with Ginger tonight.  Lonnie started dialysis this week and he is very tired.  The kidneys failing and the long days of dialysis are definitely taking their toll on him.  Please pray for him if you would.  I hope I can make this time of dialysis and weakness as short as possible for him.  If we can set a date then maybe he can see the light at the end of the tunnel! 

Another living donor advocate called me tonight to talk with me.  I was not able to get to his call so I will talk with him tomorrow.  It continues to amaze me how the hospital double and triple checks everything from the physical tests to the mental assessments to the social interviews.

Hopefully the next update will have the FINAL ANSWER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment