Saturday, May 29, 2010

Signs

So, I have written a lot about signs -- especially in my first post.  I truly believe that God puts things in front of us to reassure us, tell us we are doing the right thing, keep us on the right path, help us know which way to go, etc.  I have always felt that way and have seen it happen many times throughout my life.  But sometimes you see, hear, or read things that you aren't sure is a sign -- maybe it is just something cool.  So I wondered how you know the difference?  Is it the timing that matters?  Or is it what you learn from the information that makes the difference?  And is there really such a thing as a coincidence? 

Yesterday my oldest son Josh got his book order at school.  He ordered the Guiness Book of World Records.  He loves that book and orders the updated version every year.  Tonight he was in the other room paging through the book when he came out and said, "Mom, you have to see this!"  On the bottom of every page is listed something that has happened throughout history on each day of the year.  June 17th is Josh's birthday so I imagine he naturally turned to his date to see what it said.  Here is what it said:  "The first successful human kidney transplant was performed by R.H. Lawler(U.S.A.) at Little Company of Mary Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. on June 17, 1950."  (Josh was born just outside of Chicago in Naperville, IL by the way)

Was this a sign?  Is it just a coincidence?  Is it just something cool?  I don't know.  But I know it was cool enough to make Josh excited -- and that's good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment