Monday, June 28, 2010

Waiting Once Again...

This afternoon about 3:30 I spoke with Elise, my donor coordinator.  She said the entire transplant team was going into a meeting at 4:00 today to discuss our case.  She said she isn't 100% sure what is happening, but she thinks it is just a precautionary measure on the part of the surgeons and everyone involved.  Lonnie just found out on Friday that his tests all came out fine, but Froedtert likely didn't get the official results until today.  Elise says they are super cautious and didn't want to do the pre-op until they are sure they can give us the go-ahead on surgery.  She said that so many different people have been communicating down there, but until now they have not sat down in a room together and truly all discussed the case.  They need to be sure everyone in on the same page and can express their opinion.  She said nothing could be worse than getting to surgery and finding out that one of the surgeons didn't know something about the case or feels uncomfortable.  I can completely understand their need to be absolutely sure everything is in order, however I will not hide the fact that this is very frustrating for both Lonnie's family and my family.  When I talked to Elise today I expressed some of those frustrations,  She is so very empathetic and has been a great coordinator for me.  I truly appreciate her! 

So, at this point I am hoping to hear something tomorrow morning.  Elise promised to call to tell me the outcome of today's meeting.  I am once again struggling with the reasons behind all of this uncertainty.  But I do know that God has a plan that will all make sense in the end.  And I STILL believe that this surgery will indeed happen....I will even go so far as to say the 13th is still the date I believe in.  Prayer is so powerful and I know it has brought us this far.  Please continue to pray if we come to mind. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill,
    My name is Kim Martin. I am a friend of Sue Bishop and Jean Smith. Jean actually shared your story with me on FB. My husband, Charlie, donated his kidney to his brother about 10 years ago. What an amazing gift! You are in our thoughts and prayers. I am positive Charlie would be happy to chat with you if you need a soundingboard. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for Lonnie's health and for a successful donation day on the 13th!!
    -Lori

    ReplyDelete