Thursday, July 29, 2010

Prayers Always Welcome!

Today Sarah and Zeke underwent a very successful kidney transplant at Rochester Methodist Mayo.  Zeke's daughter Amy kept me updated all day with texts and e-mails.  I am so appreciative to her for that!  As of 6 p.m. tonight Sarah was moved into her room.  Zeke was going to be ready for visitors around 8 p.m.  What a miraculous day this was for them!  I am so thrilled that all went well and they are on the road to recovery. 

I also received an e-mail today from Chris, the coordinator at UW in Madison.  She informed me that our case would be going before committee on Monday.  They will look at all of our records and decide whether they are willing to further evaluate us for transplant.  This is the moment we have been waiting for over the past several weeks!

So now I ask once again for prayers...prayers for Sarah and Zeke to have smooth recoveries -- and that Chloe decides she likes her new home(Chloe is the name Sarah gave her kidney).  And I humbly ask for prayers for Lonnie and I.  Prayers that the right decision will be made by the UW team...and that we will accept that decision, whatever it may be.  Of course I would love to tell you to pray that they will accept us for transplant evaluation!  But maybe that isn't God's plan -- so I just ask you to pray whatever is in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment