Friday, August 6, 2010

The Pulse

Yesterday Sarah and I had an article published in our Marshfield Clinic's internal newsletter, The Pulse.  I will include the link at the bottom of this posting in case you would like to read it.  I once again have to thank Steve Thayer of our Corporate Communications department for getting our stories out there.  Sarah and I are so grateful to have our stories told in the hopes it will bring the subject of organ donation to light.  Steve also included a link to my blog in the article, so to anyone who is a new reader of my blog, WELCOME! 

Speaking of Sarah, she is doing well, but having some problems staying hydrated.  It sounds as though this is a pretty common issue after donation.  Prayers are appreciated for her!  We are getting together for lunch on Wednesday again.  I cannot wait! As for Zeke, he is doing great!  His doctors continue to be amazed at how wonderful he is doing.  He is meeting all sorts of people at the Gift of Life Transplant House where he and his wife are staying and hearing so many incredible transplant stories.

As for Lonnie and I...well, we are truly looking forward to our trip to UW on Tuesday.  And we both found out we don't have to fast before coming down, so we can eat as much as we want!  That is a bonus!  It sounds like it will be Lonnie, Ginger, and I...and possibly their daughter Janel...making the trip.  I told Mike he might as well stay home with the boys this time since this visit will mostly concentrate on Lonnie.  Our appointment is for 8:45 a.m. that day.  Again, prayers are always appreciated!!

Here is the link to the article....http://www.e-pulse.info. 

No comments:

Post a Comment