Tuesday, August 3, 2010

And We Have A(nother) Date

Lonnie and I are going on another date -- to UW Hospital this time.  Next Tuesday, August 10th, we will visit UW to have Lonnie's evaluation and my bloodwork.  We will likely spend the entire day at UW as Lonnie will have to have most of his original testing redone.  As much as this might sound like a pain, we are willing to go through anything if it means we are one step closer to transplant!  After that day they will run my bloodwork and review all of Lonnie's tests.  As long as everything looks okay, we will proceed with my evaluation.  Of course we could face more bumps in the road, but we will take those as they come.  We are optimistic that we are on the right path, and we are so grateful to UW for giving us a second chance!

Today is my husband Mike's birthday.  I want to take a minute in my very public blog to thank him for walking this journey with me.  He has laughed with me, cried with me, listened to hours of my "kidney talk", and he rallied behind us when we decided to get another opinion.  So Mike -- I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a wonderful husband and dad to our kids.  I couldn't do life without you.  I wouldn't even want to try.  I love you and wish you a very happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment