Saturday, January 21, 2012

Six months already!

Today marks the six month anniversary of our surgeries.  I just cannot believe it has been that long already!  The time has flown.  Although I don't think about my health on a daily basis, in looking back I can honestly say that I feel stronger and healthier each month that passes.  I would say that my strength and ability to "do life" is almost back to 100% at this point.  They told me at the hospital that it could take 6 months to a year to get totally back to my starting point.  I am so grateful that I am feeling so well!  Sara is also doing great.  She did have a flu bug this week, but she is feeling better now.  I worry about her every time she doesn't feel 100%.  But neither one of us could ask for a better outcome.  We feel super!

This week Friday Craig, Sara, Mike, and I will be conducting an interview with Cami Mountain of Wake Up Wisconsin for Channel 9(WAOW) of Wausau, Wisconsin.  Cami and her camera crew will be coming to our home that day to film the story.  I don't know what I am more worried about -- my house being presentable or me being presentable!  I am really looking forward to it actually, since I will take any opportunity I can get to spread the word about the importance of organ donation.  I hope Cami plans on a one hour speech by me :-)

Also coming up very quickly is the benefit that Sara's friends and family have planned to help cover the Solinsky family's expenses for the transplant.  The benefit is being held on Saturday, February 4th at the Marshfield Fairgrounds Jr. Expo Building in Marshfield, WI from noon to 10 p.m.  There will be lots of food, music, raffles, silent auctions, etc.  There is even a cake walk!!  AND they are giving away a week's stay at a beautiful home in Anglesey, Wales -- the island where Prince William and Princess Kate live!  So if you are in town and are free that day, please come out and join the fun.

Organ donation -- both deceased and living -- changes and saves lives.  There is no doubt about it.  Please consider signing up to be a donor after you die.  And if you can consider living donation and want more information, please contact me.  I am always happy to answer questions.

Thank you for reading my blog over the past two years.  I have been humbled by everyone who has told me that they have read it and been touched by it.  I feel in some ways that my journey is coming to an end -- that my story is reaching the final page.  But God may have different plans.  I can only continue to follow His lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment