Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Kidney For Lonnie!!

Just a short time ago at 11:07 p.m. I got a call from Ginger saying that Lonnie had been called from UW with the news that they have a deceased donor kidney for him.  She said they told her it is a perfect match!  So they are packing up now to head to UW Hospital with plans for the transplant to take place in the morning.  She said they are nervous and excited and they will call me as soon as they know more. 

Please pray for them that this transplant will be a success.  As much as the paired donation program sounded like an ideal fit for us, we knew that if a kidney became available it would be best for him to move forward.  So that is the plan as it stands right now.  I was so tired earlier tonight and now I cannot sleep!  I am nervous and excited for them as well and am just praying this will be the end of the long road of dialysis for him.  I also am thinking about the family who lost a loved one tonight.  A family who made the very courageous decision to donate organs so that others may live.  I pray that they will find peace. 

I will update as soon as I know more.  Until then...your prayers are much appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment